Birth Doula Support
- Two antenatal visits (more if needed).
- Assistance with establishing a birth preference.
- Continuity of Care! When a Doula connects with your family before birth it helps to facilitate a deeper understanding of what you would prefer for your birth experience.
- Unlimited phone, text & E-mail Support.
- Resources such as reading material or referrals.
- 24-hour on-call from 38 weeks until birth.
- Continuous Birth Support.
- Support for your birth partner.
- Labouring positions & massage or comfort ideas.
- The use of rebozo.
- Making sure you eat & drink enough.
- Back Up Doula if requested.
- One postnatal visit (More can be arranged if wanted). This usually is around a week after the birth, to debrief & help with the processing of the birth experience.
- Consultation phone call around 6 weeks after the birth.
I will be on call for you at 38 weeks. Attend at home or in the hospital during your labor & stay with you throughout. I can massage, fan, use rebozo & make sure you are fed & watered as often as possible alongside your partner. I will stay with you until baby has arrived & you are settled & comfortable.
Birth Doula Benefits & Stats: Why Hire A Doula?
Postnatal Doula Support
- Routine newborn help & care.
- Breastfeeding or formula support & sterilising.
- Sleep patterns, soothing & calming techniques.
- Developmental information.
- Care of siblings.
- Watching baby to allow you to rest/shower.
- Accompany mother & baby to any appointments or shopping trips.
- Grocery shopping & meal preparation.
- Light housework & washing.
- Running errands.
- Weekend & evening support.
- Holiday Support & overnight care.
- Support after partners return to work.
- Processing the birth experience.
- Finding local Resources, referrals, support groups, clubs & signposting.
- Someone to make tea & chat with!
This list is by no means exhaustive!
All families are unique & have different wants & needs.
Doula costs –
Mentored Doulas charge a lot less than recognised doulas whilst completing their mentoring.
- Whilst I am mentored, I will do the first 4 births booked at half price & postnatal bookings at a discounted hourly rate!
- For postnatal hours there are also discounted rates for block bookings.
- Please contact for package details & prices.
Here’s a thought!
You may also like the option of asking for Doula UK gift vouchers instead of presents to offset some of the cost of hiring a doula.
If you would really like to hire a Doula but would struggle to pay their usual fees, do still get in touch & have a chat with them. Many Doula UK members are willing to offer payment plans, negotiate fees for families in need.
I would be very happy to have a chat, over the phone or to arrange a first visit in person for us to discuss your needs & expectations.
I look forward to hearing from you!Contact Claire